Monday, November 10, 2008

A husband's value

Once I chatted with my sister-in-law thru Skype, and we were talking about how men can be a good husband and what’s their value.

Instead of talking about the men’s value, we were actually comparing the brothers’ value. You see my sister-in-law’s husband is my husband’s brother. And though brought up in the same environment, the same discipline, the same teaching, some how, my brother-in-law unlike his brother that is my husband which is that helpful in terms of house chores.

Right now my sister-in-law is expecting the 2nd child, and her stomach is pretty big, 2 more months to due too. Her husband has never ever helped her to watch their son’s buttock or bath their son. Thus, not to mention about reading bed time story to their son.

So, question here is though I don’t have any children right now, but I can see my hubby can help out in many ways. For instance right now, if am sick, he will help me to clean the house, cook for me, or even help me to iron.

Perhaps, many husbands think that the men work very hard in the outside world, thus, the wife could have done the best not to disturb them and let me have a comfort home when they are return.

But, how many understand there are many chauvinistic men out there who never think the same as the minority one?

Last night I was caught by the topic which was discussed in the 10.30pm Channel 311 (Astro Wah Lai Toi). 3 famous and well known ladies in KL, one of them is Ms Chinese Pagent (runner up only), the other one is a famous DJ, and Ms Angel Wong Chui Ling. One of them was married to a Taiwanese husband, she was saying, the local guys in Malaysia do not really that independent compared to the Taiwanese men. Of course, that’s based on her observation and her thought. She said, her husband will help out in many ways especially right now she’s pregnant. And that probably is not due to family brought up but due to the husband was under trained in reservist for the country before.

She also added that, Taiwanese men especially the older generation are equally chauvinistic too. But some how the younger generation are different.

Well, for the new women, what would you expect from your husband then? Can they be trained to assist you in house chores??

2 comments:

Little Inbox said...

Like you, I'm fortunate to marry a guy who is helpful too. He helps to mop the floor every week. He will help to do the weekly marketing. Now, he has to take care of Tiger. Tiger prefers him, cuz his care is more gentle. LOL

Allie said...

Nowadays normally in a family both party will be working to support family. Not like the old days anymore where only the men work and earn money to support the family. So, I think the chores should be shared among the couple.