Thursday, November 27, 2008

草莓族 The Strawberry Generation

I learn something new today… The Strawberry Group ~ 草莓族!

I took sometime to surf thru what is this 草莓族, and I found this article. And I truly agree nowadays the new generation unlike us whom can take on stress and pressure. We were bullied and pressed down when we first came out and worked. We survived thru the hard times and learned from our mistakes and become what we are right now. Though it’s not anything high fly, but at least you’re proud of yourself for what you are, right?

I have somebody here, who is young and claimed that he’s been into IT field but arrogant.
Well, nobody cares whether this person is arrogant or what, as long as he/she can work. Right?

Apparently he/she made couple of mistakes and we have highlighted to the person, and guess what treatment that we’ve got after highlighted? It was a blast from the person that made the mistake.

This person of our department has been here with us for a year, and the position that this person hold is an admin support. Sometimes being an admin support there are no fix and standard to follow, but many things are just merely based on experience, knowledge and even common sense.

Well, if a person is fresh and green, isn’t a person should learn from the experienced one? I understand the department secretary has been telling the admin support what to do and what not to do, and this admin support some how just chose to ignore what the secretary had instructed him/her to do. Even the mistakes surface up, he/she just chose to act as naïve and ignorant. Well, not only that, the admin support even put the blamed on the secretary.

When the mistake surfaces up, what the admin did was denying everything and confirmed that’s not a mistake but to blame others. Some how, the mistake was then clarified by the affected party. When the admin realize this cannot be denied anymore, the admin was asked to refer to the secretary for further solving the mistake.

Well, guess what happen? The admin just threw the tantrum to the secretary and not even begging for help to solve the problem.

Well, whoever read this, will just ask, isn’t this admin having attitude problem??

I can tell you that, yes, the admin is having real bad attitude problem. And not to forget the admin is actually a contract staff, and the secretary has been eating all these unhappiness up herself without sharing with anyone till these things surface up to our attention.

Anyway, … more to share.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Hi New Kid, I would throw that person out pronto! Attitudes like that can be infectious and contagious makes everyone in contact miserable.

I had similar incidents like this long ago. I just called her/him to my room and give them a lecture they never forget, then its, "change your attitude, please...or take the highway". Habis cherita.

It is always good to nip the problem fast before it gets worst as work and productivity will suffer.

You stay easy and have a great week, Lee.

Little Inbox said...

New kid, you remind me the precious experience when I first step out to work. I'm glad to be hired by my 2nd boss. He supported me went through the difficulties. He encouraged me to go on oversea business trip on my own. This help me to overcome my "timid" and able to hold discussion with all those managers and even the Japanese Managing Director. Thinking back, I shall thank him very much. He left the company after 8 months I joined. Still after he left, he will call me up occationally to follow my condition. I grew a lot under his supervision. :)
Lesson learned: When we made the mistake, we got to admit it and learn from the mistake. Then ppl will forgive us and understand we are sincere to learn.

Liang Mui said...

aiyo.. attitude problem memang teruk one.. tat some1 is mature enuff to use his/her brain to think rite? apa lar...

New Kid on the Blog said...

hi guys, i've been having problem with this admin and i don't have to share anything down here anymore. sigh...

Happy walker said...

>.<