Saturday, August 18, 2007

Mother-in-Law or Monster-in-Law

Well, first I would like to disclaim the said entry, as this wasn’t apply on me.
Errr… would say more of relating this to the earlier post which I have posted about the in law problems.

Some one had commented that I have talked about the mother- in-law without mentioning about my own mother, perhaps my mother doesn’t stand a seat in my mind nor my heart. Well, I didn’t respond to that particular comment, as I find that it doesn’t really matter, as my mother knows the detail of the entire story.

A person that I know, whom is related to me also recently the son had admitted to the hospital and normally the in laws will inform everyone at home and everyone at home will pay a visit or do something. She wondered why this time, the in law didn’t act on this and only the father-in-law came to visit.

In fact, the woman that I know understands that the mother-in-law is inconvenient to see the grandson in the hospital. What disturb her was, if the grandmother does love the grandson and care for the grandson, would the grandmother give a call to the daughter-in-law and find out how’s the little one doing?

Not that all the daughters-in-law in the world would want to condemn the mothers-in-law. In fact, we know good mothers-in-law out there, which we are not known off, that’s all.

And I know the daughters-in-law in that family is so much so yearning to be loved and respect in their family. Cuz, to my understanding, that family is very conservative, and whoever had got married to the sons, will have a culture shock.

Anyway, if you were the mother of the child, would you be sad and upset that the mother-in-law didn’t even bother to call the daughter-in-law to find out how’s the grandson doing?

No comments: