Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Woman, do you know how to change tire?

Few of us were having lunch today. Normally during lunch break, we just wanna voiced out whatever frustrations that we had in the morning and pour out in the afternoon. That will balance up our stress level. [LOL]

Anyway, we were talking something about woman's equality, woman's right... yet, woman will like to act as if they are weak and not able to perform many things like changing tire, sending car for servicing, driving a car, etc.

And my two other colleagues that sitting right in front of me that kept telling why should we tell our husband that we know all these and even my boss also told me that we women need not know how to change tire. Automatically men will come forward and help.

Well, isn't that simple that men will come forward and help?? That's my question.

At times, am just thinking women shouldn't act as if you're weak and you're not able to do this and that... even in front of your husband or your boyfriend. In fact, they are more impress if you could show them your capability, though you may think the men will take you for granted.... even so, would you allow them to do so then??

In such generation, or now society, man and woman ought to learn to compromise and learn from each other. That's not the time of taking each other for granted. Right?

I just couldn't believe that my colleague would say something like that... why would I bother, let my husband fix it for me lah... things like that... well, I asked, what if he's not around or out of town. Guess how she answered me, oh no problem on that, he has left all the important numbers for us and who to contact if car breaks down.

When I heard this, honestly, I wanted to faint.

Am I too strong in my personality or I was too arrogant about it? Should we woman do our own thing and not to be a weak person? Of course, neither do we want to be a strong person.

I know I am contradicting in one way or another, but still to certain extend we should show our capability in doing things, and at certain extend, if we can't do it sure we'll voice it out, don't we?

But why would women in the world wants to act as if changing tire is not their business??

[Sigh] Honestly, I don't quite support the fact that woman doesn't know how to change tire. To me, woman ought to learn, why... simple... learn something for rainy days, when needed, ....

Right???

2 comments:

Cat Cat said...

I kinda sorta know how to change the tire but never had a chance to do so... Tak pernah pancit... HEHE!

BB COMMUNITY said...

actually it's depend on their choices la... neither agreeing nor disagreeing about this topic. however if guys see any car that break down, will automatically go and offer some help, then whether or not to change tire by yoself or accepting help, its yo choice~