Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Just got back from my vacation

I’ve heard a lot about Pangkor Island Resort, about the expensive room nights, a private island, a gift from Tan Sri Datuk Francis Yeoh to his beloved late wife, and so on. But what do I know about this island, until I landed there few days ago.

This vacation was planned by my husband; he’s been seeing me working late and under tremendous stress from work. The only thing that he could do is to take me for vacation and let me recharge from the break.

For a start, I was reluctant; I was like dragging my feet to this place, and was debating myself should I bring my notebook along in case I need to act on certain task. Thank God, I listened to my managers whom strongly encouraged me to leave everything aside and go for a vacation with an ease of mind.
We took a slow drive to Lumut, and noted that the weather for the day was kind of gloomy; first it was raining then drizzling. We hardly see any sun shine on for the day.
When I look at the kampong road that heading to Lumut Jetty, it was so beautiful. Along the way, my dragging feet became an enthusiastic spirit. I was looking forward for a short break and wanted to find out more about this place.
When we reached Lumut Jetty, first thing is to check ourselves in their office. Before we could load our luggage, they gave us a cold tower to freshen up ourselves and a glass of fruit punch. I was amazed with the service and engrossed in taking pictures of everything that I see, that I like.

The person in charge told us, the ferry will transport the guests to the island at 2pm and it’s a 45 minutes journey from Lumut to the island.
When I landed in this island, it’s a love at first sight … I never know there’s an island like a paradise, it was so beautiful.

If you remember a TV drama series named Fantasy Island, am sure you will find this is like another fantasy island of its own. I was busy taking pictures, busy looking around, and busy thinking what to do next…

I know I know… it was from dragging feet till such exciting mode, it’s something that am exaggerating about. But I can tell you that, I am not.
Anyway, when we reached at the reception lobby, they will serve you another cold tower and another glass of fruit punch. This is something that is really thoughtful cuz, they know after a 45 minutes ferry, you definitely need something to freshen up yourself. Don’t you?

After that, they have a dedicated staff came forward to you and explained to you where would be your villa, and will take you up to the villa. By the time, you reached your villa, you will see someone transporting your luggage to your door step.
Everyday people down there are just enjoying their precious time. I see people eating at their own pace, taking their own sweet time. I see people lying down on the beach chair and reading books. I see children having fun at the pool side and running around. I even see Hornbills flying around and peacock walking around without anybody’s business.

At first, I was thinking to myself, how do I survive without a TV, a shopping mall? I guess all these are unnecessary cuz, I myself don’t even have enough time to spend down there.

/… to be continued

5 comments:

Sweet Jasmine said...

u lucky girl...to have hubby plan such a beautiful vacation for you..my hubby does not like to vacation on an island...said it is too boring...i've not been to this island even when i was working a stone throw away in Pangkor Island few year back....

24HrMom said...

wow... I've not been to this island before too. You really had a good time, ya.

24HrMom said...

oh ya, I forgot to comment on the peacock photo. It's nice. I've tried taking one which opens up nicely like yours... but just not as lucky as u r. :-)

♥ ♡ Alvin ♡ ♥ said...

welcome back~ hehehe... Never been Pangkor before! Any nice food there?

New Kid on the Blog said...

hi everyone, yes indeed, I hv a good time down there, enjoying, relaxing, destressing... it was a wonderful holiday that i ever have... better than shopping in Hong Kong...

hi jasmine, isn't boring at all... you can go for gym, tennis, squash, swimming, sauna, makan, tv lounge, libraries, etc...

hi 24hrmom, you shld consider this as a 2nd honeymoon place.... :D

hi alvin, talking about nice food, you can refer to my other blog.... ;)