Sunday, December 14, 2008

A weekend pain

Just like Estee Lauder says about woman, ‘there’s no ugly woman in the world, but a lazy one.’

I truly agree with this statement, there’s no ugly person in the world, as long as you’re not lazy to upgrade yourself. Let’s not talk about how to beautify yourself but make your home more comfortable by cleaning it, wipe the dust, clear the unwanted stuff.

I know someone who has not able to understand what is call ‘hygiene’. A person who has no education but yet no common sense and always think that she’s absolutely right about the facts and the family.

Unfortunately this woman is somebody that relates to me. To say am shy about or shame about it, honestly I myself also don’t know how to differentiate it. It confuses me. Though she relates to me, am finding time to help her to clear her unwanted stuff, clean her house and helped her to wipe the dust if I see any.

Some how I am not appreciated. Reason is simple, cuz; I don’t carry the same surname as she is. I am nobody to her in her eyes and I am just another woman that her son that marries and help the family to branch out their surname.

Being a working woman, I couldn’t tolerate all these feudalism in the family. But I honestly don’t have a choice. Many times, I told myself, just leave it, after all, that’s not your house, why would you bother… or leave it, that’s not your mother, why do you care so much.

Frankly down deep in my heart, I can’t just not bother cuz, I can’t stand nor can I take it that other children keep poisoning this old lady whom they called her mother.

There are many types of children in the world. And I don’t need to elaborate more about it.

When I clear her wardrobe, I see lots of nice clothes and all of them are new and nice, especially for her age. When I checked with her, she said she doesn’t wear those anymore. Thus, I suggested let’s donate it to old folks home.

She was stunned and shouted at me that NO, all her clothes cannot give anyone. All these clothes are going to give it to her sister. If she doesn’t wear and why took her so long to pass it down to her sister then??

Hubby and I were there to help her to hang up a clothes hanger, so that she can hang her clothes, and make her place nice and tidy. What we have done were not appreciated, furthermore she just said leave it. Nobody will come into our room, but her son told her off, this is very untidy, am helping you to tidy up. The mother just said never mind that’s ok, I feel comfortable with that. Honestly, we both were speechless. Clothes every where lying down on the floor and not tidy. I guess nobody can take it unless you’re nobody’s mother or what, you’re an orphan… but whatever it is, it’s all based on yourself whether you want to make it happen to or not.

But not lying everything down there and do nothing.

1 comment:

Little Inbox said...

Whenever I'm back to in law's place, I'll just clean up our own room, cuz I don't allow the Indon maid to step into our bedroom. Then the rest house chores are taken care by the maid.

Imagine how a maid is able to take care of a stroke patient, a weak grandma, cooking, washing, cleaning a house with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 2 living rooms? At least the basic cleaning is done averagely, then we'll close one eye.

Cleaning our own house alone is a tough job for every weekend.