Saturday, March 14, 2009

Marley & Me

Marley & me – a book wrote by Mr. John Grogan, it’s now showing in theater. If you’ve read the book, you know yourself will not miss watching this in the theater. Or … If you’re a dog lover, am sure you will not miss this too.

I have a Labrador at home, and it’s exactly look like Marley in the film, in fact, it’s the same breed.

Anyway, that’s not the main reason that I watch the movie. When I had my problem in March 21, 2008, a manager of my function had lend me a book, and this is the book Marley & Me. Probably the reason for her to lend me is because there’s a part where Jenny Grogan lost her baby in 10 weeks pregnancy.

Honestly when I watched that part, I cried. I don’t expect I’ll cry, thought it has passed. I guess what had passed it has actually imprinted in it in your mind and heart?

This movie or rather this book also gives many married couple a mirror of what Mr & Mrs Grogan had gone thru when one of them gotta give up their career for the family.

Especially when the wife is experiencing the postpartum depression, the husband is more to be there to help out and also to understand her needs and frustrations.

Towards the end of the show that’s where I cried out loud. Remember I lost my dog on the New Year day, it’s exactly the same feeling that I have the family are sorrow for Marley.

If you’re free for the weekend, why not give yourself some time or your spouse some time to watch this movie.

At least you’re spending some quality time with your love one. Right?

7 comments:

Coketai said...

You will be OK! Sometime it is good to let yourself free from your inner stress....hopefully with Marley and me is over, your inner pain will be over too.

There is a life out there....you will be good! Take care!

LY.Tai

Little Inbox said...

Pal, thanks for sharing this. I would love to watch this movie.

The Japanese movie of "Xiao Q" did make me cried last 2 weeks when I watched it on 8TV.

Liang Mui said...

NKB,
Be strong! u can do it. i wanna watch this movie d. thanks for recommending it. :D..

Babe_KL said...

i cried when i read the book esp towards the end even though i'm not a dog owner

New Kid on the Blog said...

Hi LY Tai, thanks for the word of comfort.

Hi Little Inbox, pls do... it's a nice movie that not to be missed.

Hi Liang Mui, no problem!!

Hi Babe_KL, my friend said I should read the book first. :)

Little Inbox said...

Pal, I just watched this movie last night. I cried when Marley wanna die. After the movie, I cried because I recalled the incident. Tiger stay close to me when he saw me crying. So sweet!

New Kid on the Blog said...

Hi Little Inbox, pal, nice movie right???