Friday, March 6, 2009

The Somber Friday

I am supposed to have an excited feeling as I’ll be meeting my cousin brothers and sisters tomorrow night. An event that I co-organize with my cousin brother in KL, an event that need lots of patient and time that gather all of us to be at one place.

Tomorrow night there will be slide shows, photo shooting, ‘makan-makan’, etc.

I should be happy about it, but now I don’t seems to be one.

Why??

I’ve been seeing people leaving the organization. That’s not what people call it Voluntary basis, it’s all by force, and others called it Involuntary.

Those people that I had worked with before, they are nice people, and they are intelligent people, indeed smart and committed to their job. But times are bad as the reason perhaps that axes them. Some are happy as they got to have a big lump sum of amount, which means that do not need to work for another couple of years. But, some are shock to accept the news. Some are in somber mood, cuz, they have commitments to fulfill. Some are still having some positive mentality as they believe they could find another job else where.

I seriously salute these people as market is so bad right now, even US President also dare not to commit when the market will pick up. But they could happily accepting the offer and start looking for job.

I know apart from accepting the fact and face it, nothing much we could do. Basically nothing much… and leaving the left over behind, and these are the people that gotta work double hard and take over the jobs that people left.

With such lean resources, many gotta let go. Once, people thought this is one of the secure job that could secure their place in the organization. Looks like it’s not!

I am in a very sad mood and depress… what if this happen to me, how would I face it??

3 comments:

Coketai said...

You have not been blogging for sometime, I guess you must have encounter some changes in your life and the only possible reason was the financial crisis!!!
It was just like what you have mentioned in your entry, we basically cannot do much but one thing I think we still can do is to have faith! especially during difficult time like this...so let us to have faith and live everyday with an open minded.

LY.Tai

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

Understand your mood....Life's never fair :( unfortunately.....(as previously posting by uncle Lee on your "Co-called news")

New Kid on the Blog said...

Hi LY Tai, yes, that's the major reason. Seriously thanks for the word of comfort.

Hi Modern Robinson Crusoe, ya, life has never been fair!