Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Same Friday


Source: MedLine Plus

It is the same Friday as March 21. It’s a different thought, different attitude and a different approach to accept the fact.

Remember I blogged about that I was moody and feeling down. It was actually affected by my hormone, as well as the skin allergies.

What causes hormone change suddenly? Because the urine tested POSITIVE and I took this test in a very ‘slow and steady’ manner that I will seek gynae’s confirmation when the time is right.

Thus, the right time was last Friday, July 25. An appointment was made few days ago and that Friday morning, I was having a good mood to see the gynae and expect to have some good news then after.

There are many times things are not as per plan or as per your wish. When my gynae had a scan on my abdomen, we couldn’t found a foetus’ heart beat and the sac as well. Immediately my gynae and both of our hearts sunken, cuz, from the scan, the womb was completely empty but we found an unidentified free fluid below the womb.

That even makes my gynae more worried. My gynae was kind enough and explained everything to me why could it be like that, one of the reasons it may be an ectopic pregnancy (子宫外孕). The problem that we had is we couldn’t see where is this ectopic pregnancy took place.

My gynae encouraged me to seek for second opinion thus we seek the senior resident gynae in the same hospital for a second check. The result is the same, confirmed no foetus found in the womb, but confirmed pregnant.

With 2 gynae’s advice, this is a life threatening case, and I ought to go for an emergency operation right away. Hubby and I were completely lost and really have no idea what to do next. Thus we called our doctor friend for 3rd advice and true enough our friend advised us to go thru the operation right away, cuz, and the fallopian tube can only sustain the foetus for only 12 weeks, once it burst, the mother will face life threaten, and eventually the mother will die of toxic that burst from the tube.

With no second thought, I signed the agreement for going for the operation, and I have full supports from my beloved husband. My gynae explained to both of us, there will be a risk of doing this operation, he also checked with us which type of operation would I op for, chose from laparoscopy or open operation. I chose the laparoscopy, which is minimum risk.

I was pushed to the Operating Theatre with my husband accompanied, and down there, I see lots of nurses and Medical Officer, Anaesthesia doctor too. The senior resident gynae saw me and came forward to comfort me with his sweet thought. Asked me and my husband not to worry, he said it has to be done as this is very dangerous.

At that point in time, I was having the panic attacked and yet they did not give me any tranquilizer to calm me down before push me to the OT. They tied both of my hands; it was like what we watch in the movies, I was stick with lots of those round stickers to check on my heart beat, my blood pressure and so on. The Anaesthesia doctor gave me some smelly gas to smell and also a jap that put me to sleep. I was reluctant to smell those gases as it was really really smelly. I was hoping they could give me an injection instead of the gas. But the doctor told me why he has to give me both, as I had my breakfast at 8.30am and we never expect this is an emergency case.

I was so scared, and the doctor told me I will have a feeling like a shrunk of my lungs and within seconds, I will fall to sleep. True enough I was like that, by the time I got up I was at the day care monitor room which monitored by the nurses and Medical Officer.

I could feel my stomach bloated up with full of gas, and was completely nausea and giddy. Then I asked one of the nurse, when was I pushed out from the operation, they told me I was in at 1 something and was out by 2 plus. It was an hour plus operation.

When they push me up to my ward at 6pm, my husband was so worried and waited for me at the waiting hall. After the op, I was shivering cold and the nurses gotta give me 2 blankets to cover me up.

At about 8 something at night, my gynae came over to review me, and he said the operation was very successful and it wasn’t to his surprise, it was an ectopic pregnancy and it’s about to abrupt, and the unidentified fluid confirmed is blood, and it was internal bleeding.

He wanted me to take a good rest and not to consume any food for that moment but only plain water. Cuz, I was still under monitoring stage, cuz, he worried I may be vomit if I have something.

I didn’t have anything at all for the night and was sleeping well, cuz, he gave me a jap where it’s a pain relief as well as put me to sleep.

And that’s an end for the day chapter.

10 comments:

Little Inbox said...

New Kid, take good rest. Don't think too much. You're lucky to go to gynae on time. Eat healthily, and sleep well. How long will you on MC?

Lingzie said...

i'm so sorry to hear about what happened. hope you are recovering well. please take care of yourself ya!

Kiersten said...

Dear new kid on the blog,

I'm so sorry to read about this. I hope you get well soon.

*hugs*

New Kid on the Blog said...

Little Inbox, 2 weeks of MC. Thks for your concern.

Lingzie, don't think I can join the 2 Aug gathering. Even so, I can't eat anything. Thks for your concern.

Lil' Ms Pinky, thks for dropping and thks for your concern.

Sweet Jasmine said...

Hi, friend, just learn about your ops. Hope you get well soon and take care.

Lee said...

Hi New Kid, here's hoping you recovering well.
You stay easy, rest...and have a great week, Lee.

Liang Mui said...

i dunno wat i'm going to say now.
can i gip u a big big huggies??

** HUG HUG **

dun think so much and dun worry. take more rest.

we're alwis beside u, babe!!

Allie said...

Dear New Kid,

I'm real sorry to read about this. Hope you'll get well very soon.

Don't think too much. Rest more.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better now.
My sincere wish and prayers for your speedy recovery. May you be well and be free from suffering.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

we are sorry to hear that, hope you recover soon.

dun worry about the gathering, we can pay a visit to your side also. Lets see how we can do this..