Monday, July 28, 2008

My Faith

Left one tube now in the body and the remaining tube is slightly crooked; one of the reasons could be due to the scar tissue from previous surgery.

My gynae did explain in details to me, if early ectopic pregnancy discovered, it can be treated with an injection of methotrexate which stops the growth of the embryo. Methothexate is kind of chemo drugs and it meant for those patient. The side effect could lead to liver problems and so on, thus my gynae discourage to use such method but an operation instead.

Now that leaving one crooked tube, I am not sure can I conceive again or not. Even my gynae dare not tell me will I be able to conceive. When we asked him the question, his answer was straight forward, he said he doesn’t know. But the chances of conceiving is definitely low.

If I do not remove the affected tube, but to salvage, the chances of recur at the same spot would be 20%. This means its high chance of getting back the ectopic pregnancy.

At that point in time, I told myself, to have or not to have I shall leave it to God! This is my faith!! Nothing much I could do anymore!!

5 comments:

Babe_KL said...

i'm so sorry to hear what had happened but dun despair. there is still a glimpse of hope, just don't give up.

my ex-colik had the same condition as yours. she gave birth to 1 girl after removing one tube. she next have 2 miscarriages, cos she had no idea she was preggy and engaged in extreme sports. later she conceived and gave birth to her 2nd gurl.

so there are hope yet, plus of course other methods as well. just take care now and be strong.

Little Inbox said...

New kid, don't give up. The chance is there. The other way will be trying to conceive in scientific way, for example IVF. In IVF, fallopion tube is not required.

Wai Wai said...

There's always light at the end of the tunnel. Try to think positively out of your ordeals though I know it's easier said than done. I just want you to know that having a child is not the only thing in the family, you and your husband are already a complete couple, both of you complete each other when you pledge your life to one another. I can understand pressure is intense within and out of the family circle, the important thing that you got each other.... I believe if God choose to give you a healthy baby, He will do so in His perfect timing, at the mean time take care and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Liang Mui said...

NKB,
上天如果把门关上,他一定会留窗开着。所以别灰心!!对自己有信心!! 我会为你加油!

Anonymous said...

NKB, I don't visit that often but I am sorry to stumble on your situation. Glad you still have the most important thing - faith. Keep holding to it and all the best to you!