Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sichuan Earthquake

It has been 13 days after the Sichuan 7.9 magnitude earthquake. Everyday, papers are still showing its progress how to save those survivors, what’s the death toll like, and etc.

I supposed many had blogged about it and update its progress, so that reader could have some first hand information.

I would be the odd one out, cuz, I dare not look at the papers, nor the internet to know how things going, not even watch TV to find out more. Cuz, my heart was sad and depressed as I see many children were live buried under those rubbles.

Whenever I received email that widely speculating in the cyberworld, I see children whom are survived without parents, or some survived without children. I honestly couldn’t stop my tears from rolling down.

It was just so pain and sad to see this happens.

I spotted one from today’s paper (after so many days of ignorant), a father squad down and asked himself, how come our houses could stand still without falling despite from this earthquake but the schools are all collapsed?

Reason is because the local developer did not use the right specification to build the school, which what we call it build without following the specs. They were supposed to use the stronger, broader, and compact beam but they used the others instead.

I asked myself when they started to build the buildings, do they ever thought of anything may happen? Especially this is an earthquake epicentre.

Are these people only think of MONEY without considering other’s people lives & deaths? Don’t they?

** To know about Sichuan Earthquake update, pls refer to this link –
http://sichuanearthquake.org.uk/

2 comments:

Little Inbox said...

No hesitation. To the contructor, money is more important than everything. Where is their moral?

New Kid on the Blog said...

they dont even have one!!! they dont!!! these people are cruel!!!