Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Petrol Stations Decline Credit Cards

Petrol stations decline credit cards
The Petroleum Dealers Association has sent notices to its 3,500 members nationwide, advising them to accept only cash from motorists who fill up their tanks from today.Association president Abdul Wahid Bidin said following the increase in fuel prices, petrol station operators could no longer be burdened by the charges imposed on them by credit card companies."It is a business decision. After the fuel price hike, petrol station operators have to cut costs."


When I read this news from NST online I didn’t know they take immediate effective. When my mom called me, I thought it was my credit card problem again.

Thus, I left work early and to find out was the news true, as I was able to pay by credit card when I pumped petrol this morning.

When I went to Caltex, I saw all the notices showing CASH SAHAJA / CASH ONLY, my hearth immediately sunk. I just wonder, will this burden lots of citizens? And how many can pay RM50 for only few kilometers? And how many will have good saving plans like what elf had commented in my other post.

8 comments:

Little Inbox said...

Aiyoh, like that ar? Then have to bring more cash liao, but feel unsafe lor. :(
Normally I'll ask hubby to drive my car then go pump petrol for me. I seldom go petrol station alone.

New Kid on the Blog said...

Wei, you mean you have not start to car pool ah???
Car pool save a lot lor.

Lots of people complaining now.

Liang Mui said...

sometimes difficult to car pool oso ler.. especially when hubby and u working different places.. teruk teruk...

New Kid on the Blog said...

Hi Liang Mui, honestly, that's not a problem in KL, as KL public transport is so good. But to Penang, this gotta be improved. Among all, still prefer Singapore's public transport. Have nothing to worry.

Little Inbox said...

Car pool? No lar, I still driving alone. Just 10 minutes drive to factory mah. Furthermore I start working at 7.30am. Too early to go and pick up the rest. Nobody stay nearby my place also. Those stay in main land will car pool lah, I guess...

Liang Mui said...

haha... NKB.. if u're comparing the public transport service in KL to PG, of cos better.. but pls do not b surprise if i mentioned to u, the public transport in PUCHONG is sucks!! hardly can get a bus here. tat's y most of us prefer to drive and this cause hectic jam ard puchong area.. hai~~

New Kid on the Blog said...

Hi Little Inbox, wow, start work so early ah???

Hi Liang Mui, I thought Puchong also pretty good public transport? Also like Penang ah?? ai ya....

Liang Mui said...

ya lor.. teruk..