Sunday, June 8, 2008

Things to know after miscarriage

When I had my 1 month confinement treatment that time, I actually got to know a lot of things that is prohibited.

Things like no bath during the 1st 12 days, no hair wash and so on.

For those that had miscarriage, are even got to know certain rules too. Cantonese believe for the 1st bath that you have labour after the 12th day, you ought to bath with lots of lemon grass and gingers. For Hokkiens believe in bathing certain herbs. Why all these, because the elderly believes these will help to expel the wind in our body after labour. Hokkiens believe after bath should apply lots of hard liquor like Brandy on to our skin, this is to prevent the woman get caught by those ‘winds’.

But, how many of us know for those that miscarriage are not prohibited to have those shower? I honestly never believe in all these, but anything that could prevent, I guess am listening.

Lots of elderly advises should not go thru such shower, cuz, those showers are meant for confinement women that had delivered. For those unfortunate, it’s advisable not to do it, cuz, according to them it’s something that you wouldn’t want to recur again after this sad happenings.

According to the elderly, they said those bath are meant for happy occasion like delivering a baby. They said having those baths again it’s like having another baby. But you have miscarriage, you wouldn’t want to have such bath and have another miscarriage, right? Thus, they said it’s advisable for not taking such bath. A hot shower will be better.

Though, I know there’s no proof that proven this belief is absolutely right. But, I know people that went thru certain ‘tragic’ they will choose to believe in such beliefs. And, I am one of them.

5 comments:

Little Inbox said...

For me, I took my first bath only after 2 weeks. I asked hubby to buy the herbs from chinese medicine shop and and get MIL to boil it for me to bath.

Some ppl said like us who are unfortunate, the confinement food shall not prepare and serve to us at our room. So, I just follow to dine in dining room. Hai...anyway, it has passed. So, nothing can trouble us, right? Just follow the rules lor...

New Kid on the Blog said...

In fact, I had mine after 3 to 4 days, I bathed on those lemon grass, till some elderly advised do not bath those anymore, I stopped immediately. Subsequent bath was only hot water.

I was like you, didn't dine in the room, but walked down to the dining hall and had my meal.

Well, I guess these are the 'restricted' rules for the 'unfortunates' to follow. [sigh]

Liang Mui said...

hehe.. like little box mentioned, just follow the rules lor...

i'm not a mum yet so i dunno.. mayb u gals can tel me a bit?

New Kid on the Blog said...

Hi Liang Mui, well, neither are we a mother yet. We are still learning from each other.

Though we followed the rules,... I ate in the dining hall, but then after I was hiding myself in the room without stepping out at all.... that was the depression that I have.

Liang Mui said...

NKB, are u feeling better now? i hope u r. dun b sad ya. jus like my mum alwis say to me.. happy oso nit to live, sad oso nit to live. y not live ur life to the fullest happiness ard u?.. well i agree to her. tat's y i'm alwis 38 wif my frens :)..